Mission StatementThe Information Technology (IT) department provides the technology bridge that connects county agencies, state agencies, and the community via technology services. The department of information technology provides these services with the following focus:
- Provide information services that improve or complement county services.
- Provide these services at reasonable cost; minimizing the cost of those services supported by the taxpayers of the county.
- Provide a focal point for information technology consulting for enhancing and developing operational efficiency through use of our services.
- Maintain up to date knowledge in technology and a productive role in enhancing and improving services.
- Enriching our users' computer experience through training and support.
Technology ServicesThe Information Technology (IT) department provides information services that represent a majority of most agencies' daily functions via computer and networked equipment. This is a critical part of most agencies' information services used to help meet the daily requirements for their agencies' functionality. IT provides these services through the following methods:
- Network Infrastructure - Data communications via switching equipment that allow creation, use and storage of agency information in response to the agencies' stated purpose.
- Server Infrastructure - Hardware platforms that allow methodical collection and storage of data to form usable information in response to the agencies' stated purpose.
- Maintenance Services - Create and maintain dependable and reliable services to county and state agencies as required to the agencies' stated purpose.
- Knowledge Services - Intellectual services to complement technology usage and acquisition.