Criminal Division


The Criminal Division of Effingham County Magistrate Court is responsible for processing the following applications:

Temporary Protective/Restraining Orders

Temporary protective orders (TPO) or restraining orders are not done through the Magistrate Court of Effingham County.

Temporary Protective Orders

To obtain a Temporary Protective Order you may go through Victim Witness of Effingham County. Call Safe Haven at 800-334-2836, or you may contact your attorney for legal advice.

Restraining Orders

Restraining orders must be filed through your attorney and then filed in the Superior Court of Effingham County.