Water & Waste Water


Effingham County supplies drinking water from two different sources, groundwater wells that withdraw from the Upper Floridan Aquifer and treated surface water purchased from the City of Savannah. For the majority of our customers, water is piped into the county from the Savannah I&D plant. Several small outlying developments are supplied by groundwater well systems. All County-supplied potable water is tested for quality on a routine basis by County staff, all of which are state-certified Operators. A report of this quality testing is sent to the Georgia Environmental Protection Division on a monthly basis. You can access our drinking water Permits and annual Consumer Confidence Reports under the Documents and Links page.
Water Reclamation Facility


Effingham County also has a Wastewater Reclamation Facility that is a non-discharging, tertiary treatment plant. This plant does not discharge treated wastewater into any rivers, streams, lakes or canals. Instead, the water is returned to customers to be re-used for irrigation and industrial purposes. It is not to be used for children's sprinklers or wading pools, nor for swimming pools or watering animals. The re-use water produced is routinely monitored by our state-certified Operators to make sure that it meets the standards given to the facility by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division. Reports on re-use water quality are submitted to the EPD on a monthly basis. More information on re-use water is available on the Documents and Links page.

Access a map of the Effingham County water, sewer, and re-use system (PDF).

New Homeowner Sanitation and Water-Sewer Start Up Fees


If you have questions or concerns regarding Effingham County water, sewer, and/or reuse service, including County potable or re-use water quality, please contact EOMWORX. Billing questions should be referred to the Finance Department.

Operations are based out of the South Effingham Wastewater Reclamation Facility, located close to McCall Road.  Please do not contact operations staff about your bill or about cut-off/cut-on. All payment issues must be directed to the Finance Department.